February 23rd – is that right? I can’t believe it. Whadda think, 5 more weeks of winter? Gimme the sun.
Call me crazy, but I can’t wait to start running OUTSIDE again! I’d like to get my bike out of storage, too! Longest. winter. ever.
Breakfast was a Yoatgurt bowl inspired by Holly!
- 1/4c my oat mix (old-fashioned oats, steel-cut oats, ground flax)
- 1/3c hot water
- sprinkle cinnamon+nutmeg
- drop of vanilla extract
- 1 sliced banana
- [microwaved 1 minute]
- 2 spoonfuls Greek yogurt+pumpkin
- topped with some shredded coconut and a side of spa water
I was hungrier than usual this morning and munched on my homemade granola to hold me over before lunch yoga at noon! I took a class from Aleeah again and I’m really liking her style. It is SOoOoOo refreshing to get out of the office for ‘lunch.’ Call it what you want to call it.
I put off lunch until around 1:45.
- 1/2c Indian quinoa salad (Inca Red Quinoa, Shrimp, Peas, Greek Yogurt, Tiki Masala Paste) I can’t believe the leftovers have lasted me this long *note to self, I don’t like leftovers.
- 1/2 Sammy wrap (Lentil hummus, tofu, black beans, goat cheese, cumin, red pepper flakes, whole wheat flax wrap) This was a little concoction I made up this morning while making my OSAL
- Celery sticks
- Swapped the 2 clementines for an orange …I’ll save the clemmys for tomorrow
I fit in a quick Trader Joe’s run after work – it’s official, I love grocery shopping. More to come on some new grocery items! Home, unpacked, off the phone with friends, and it was SIAB time inspired by Kath.
- 1c Almond Breeze almond milk
- Handful organic spinach
- 1c blueberries
- 1/4c Silken tofu
- 2tbsp protein powder (can’t remember the brand, it was left over from when I was training for the Rock ‘n Roll half marathon …I think I ordered it from drugstore.com)
- More spa water
Picture is a little blurry, but the smoothie was an *AWESOME* rich dark purple. Holy antioxidants.